After giving up dairy and meat, going out for pizza has never been the same. It’s always been difficult to find places that make a nutritious and balanced pizza. So, when in doubt, make your own! And, that’s what today’s recipe is: Simple Veggie Pizza!
Everyone loves a warm, crispy loaf of bread enjoyed with a roasted garlic olive oil, so that’s what is used here for the sauce! Spread a generous amount of the sauce and top the pizza with veggies and chickpeas and roast it to perfection. When the pizza is ready to be served, drizzle some fresh Herbed Green Goddess Dressing on-top! For those traditional pizza nights, try making this pizza instead, or make it when you have guests! This veggie pizza is so simple to make, and crazy delicious! You, your family, and your guests will go back for seconds! Guaranteed!
Until next time friends, Namaste! ♥
- Pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1, 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of pepper and salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- ¼ cup curly parsley
- ¼ cup chives
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup dill
- ¼ cup basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon ~ 2 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons filtered water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and position pizza stone in the middle of the oven, or use a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet paprika, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to the chickpeas and toss to combine, and set aside.
- Mix the remaining olive oil with the minced garlic, and another pinch of salt, and pepper, and set aside. Roll out dough onto a floured surface and brush the mixture on top of the rolled out pizza dough.
- Peel the zucchini and yellow squash to create strips and add to the pizza. Top with seasoned chickpeas and cherry tomatoes.
- Transfer to a pizza stone and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bottom is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the herbed green goddess dressing on top! Serve immediately!
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until creamy. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency.